Watching demos in CS:GO is a key tool used to improve and help fix one’s mistakes. The demo viewer provides a different perspective on players’ matches. Though we’re blessed to have it opposite to “the other FPS title”, it didn’t function properly considering how laggy and slow it was.
But with CS2, it’s a completely different story. It runs as smooth as butter with the possibility of rewinding at any moment during the match in an instant.
A game quality improvement like this should’ve had a better introduction and announcement to the community. But unfortunately, it was overshadowed by the release of the breathtakingly beautiful Inferno.
In this quick guide, we’ll walk you through the process of downloading your own demos and launching them on the new demo viewer, so be sure to follow the steps carefully.
How to download and watch demos in CS2
- Log in to your Steam account and go to the Games section.
- Find CS:GO, click on the "My Game Stats" button and select "Personal Information" from the drop-down menu.
- In your personal information, select "Premier matches" where you will see all the matches you have ever played in CS2. Click "Download GOTV demo."
- Unzip the downloaded demo to your installation folder, often located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\game\csgo.
- After successfully inserting the file into your CS2 installation folder, it’s better to rename it so you can launch it easily using the console.
- Go to CS2 and enter the command "playdemo X" in the console (X is the name of the demo).
- After entering the demo, write "demoui" in the console and enjoy the smooth experience.