Dignitas have announced that the esports organization is leaving Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and that they will not be competing in the esport for the "foreseeable future."
The move was leaked hours prior to the official announcement from Dignitas by their CS coach Faruk "pita" Pita on Twitter. The coach tweeted that Dignitas informed him that they were leaving CS:GO and that he had been released from his contract.
The organization said that its players and coaches have also been released from their contracts and can explore other opportunities.
"We’ll be cheering on our former players and the continued success of CS:GO from the sideline for now and continue to be fans of one of the greatest esports," the announcement said.
On May 10, Dignitas announced that all of their CS players were available for transfer while they "revised" their roster.
"In the coming weeks, we’ll be evaluating our future in CS:GO in hopes of building a compelling roster that will compete for titles," Dignitas said in a statement.
Dignitas have been in the esport since 2004 and exited it once before back in 2018 before rejoining in 2020.
In that time, Dignitas best finishes have been top four placements at ESL One: Cologne in 2014 and the ESL Major Series One Katowice in the same year.