Most Dota 2 players worldwide are probably not surprised to see Valve release Dota 2 patch 7.34d. Just a few days after the end of the Riyadh Masters 2023, the best players in the world have to start practicing on what looks to be this year’s TI patch.
7.34 has a lot of changes, as you can probably expect. We will definitely see alternate versions of the patch in the upcoming days, but for now, it’s essential to take a step back and check what’s new.
This Dota 2 Patch 7.34 article will focus on the general and item changes players should be aware of. There are tons of hero changes too, but we’ll talk more about them in a separate article.
The most important thing affecting professional Dota 2 players worldwide is the 7.34 general updates related to the Captains Mode draft order. Instead of the old 2-3-2 ban and 2-2-1 picks, we now have a new formula. It will be interesting to see if it will be better than the previous one, but players will need some time to get used to it.
In addition to the new formula, Dota 2 players in the CM mode will have 15s times per ban instead of the 30s, so they have to be much faster than before.
In addition to the specific Captains Mode changes, the Dota 2 patch 7.34 also has a lot of new things related to the alternative cast abilities. There is an updated UI, and the alternative cast abilities can be toggled in the same way as Auto-Cast. Furthermore, those abilities will have a unique icon for the different casting modes.
Dota 2 players who hold the CTRL key will be able to cast the non-selected version of the specific ability without needing to toggle it. Of course, the Dota 2 7.34 patch updated a few abilities to use the new Alternative Casting, such as:
- Surge from Dark Seer
- Devour from Doom
- Echo Stomp from Elder Titan
- Acorn Shot from Hoodwink
- Poof from Meepo
- Leap from Mirana
- Boundless Strike from Monkey King
- Morph from Morphling
- Static Link from Razor
- Storm Hammer from Sven
- Trap from Templar Assassin
Aside from everything mentioned so far, 7.34 also has a new stat called Slow Resistance, which reduces the impact of slows on the hero. The addition of the new stat means Status Resistance no longer has an impact.
There are a few other new things to check out, so feel free to skim through the 7.34 update log for more information.
Even though there are a lot of general item changes, there are even more new changes related to Items and Heroes in 7.34. As mentioned, this Dota 2 7.34 patch review won’t focus on the hero changes. Instead, let’s look at everything new about the regular and neutral items. We will divide them into two subsections so you can keep track of everything.
There are a few important changes players need to know regarding the items. For example, Blood Grenade now costs 50 mana instead of 65, but you can have up to 2 instead of 3 in your inventory. Furthermore, the restock time is increased from 120s to 180s.
- Smoke of Deceit is also slightly changed because it now lasts for 45s instead of 35s. Once used by an ally, any friendly hero within 300 range of them will also receive the buff, but this can only happen once.
- Battle Fury now gives +65 bonus damage instead of +60, but the Quell bonus damage against non-hero units for melee or ranged heroes is down from 15/6 to 10/5.
- Disperser’s Suppress now affects all units in a 350 AoE around the target. Sadly, the effect will no longer root creeps because it will only apply a normal slow.
- Hand of Midas - After the 7.34 changes, Hand of Midas’s Transmute will now have 2 charges, but it will initially come with 1. The restore time is 100s.
- Heaven’s Halberd will no longer be able to pierce debuff immunity if it’s applied beforehand. This means the item is ineffective against certain types of heroes.
- Overwhelming Blink will deal 100 + 50% of the hero’s STRr as damage instead of 100 +150%. With that said, it will now deal 100% of the hero’s STR as damage over the duration of the debuff.
- Ravenant’s Brooch no longer grants AS. Instead, it will apply a -20% Magic Resistance debuff to enemies for 3s. Furthermore, Phantom Province no longer deals no damage to debuff immune targets, but the Magic Resistance reduction still applies.
There are a few other important tweaks to some popular items you should be aware of, so check the full changelog for additional details.
A lot of the Neutral Items got changed after the Dota 2 7.34 patch. We’ve covered the most important one below, but remember, almost all of them changed somehow, such as better or worse stats than before.
- Faded Broach now grants +150 instead of +120 mana, but the movement speed bonus is down from +20 to +15.
- Occult Bracelet grants +5% Magic Resistance instead of +10%.
- Vindicator’s Axe will now grant a +20% slow resistance bonus
- Havoc Hammer will pull nearby enemies by 100 units in 0.2s instead of pushing them away by 250 units in 0.3s.
- Martyr’s Plate now grants + 5 HP regen bonus, it lasts for 10s and redirects 250% instead of 20% of the damage. However, it will only redirect magical damage.
- Ninja Gear grants +20 AGI and MS and now provides Smoke’s bonus MS when used.
- Book of the Dead now gives +25 STR and INT instead of +30.
- Fallen Sky grants +25 STr instead of +15.