Boot Camp does not work with the newer M1 and M2 Macs, including the more powerful M1 Pro and M1 Max chips. It works exclusively with Intel Macs.
Previously, players used a virtual environment such as Parallels to play Windows games on these models. However, Valorant's Vanguard anti-cheat protection does not work in a virtual environment, so you cannot play on these models.
In addition, GeForce Now For Mac is also not compatible with playing Valorant, as the game is not supported on this cloud platform.
What to do in this case? We will talk about that in this article.
Installing VirtualBox on the Mac M1&M2
VirtualBox is the world's most popular open-source cross-platform virtualization software - allowing developers to create code faster by running multiple operating systems on a single device. It is a virtual hard disk drive on which the user can launch any software.
First of all, open VirtualBox official website, then download VirtualBox for M1 or M2 chips.
Install and run the VirtualBox on your MAC.
Then run the program and create a name.
The next step is to download the Windows installation ISO image to run Valorant.
Partition the hard drive and allocate the necessary storage for the Windows partition (about 150 GB) and click “Finish”.
Next, the player needs to start the virtual machine and complete the installation of Windows by following the instructions.
- Aftersuccessfully downloading Windows 10, go to the official Valorant website and click "Play Free".
- Create an account, if you have one, log in, and then install Valorant.
- When the download is complete, run the installation file.
- Restart your computer when the process is complete.
- Launch Valorant.
Valorant Optimization for Mac
In any case, performance will not jump over 60 frames per second, but since LCDs do no darken between pixel changes, it should be about as smooth as 120 Hz on a CRT.
- Make sure full-screen mode is enabled.
- Check that Vsync is on, it will limit frames to 60 and also make frames more stable and reduce screen tearing.
- Reduce the resolution of the game to half-size.
- Disable OS X Features (Notification Center & Dashboard).
- Stop The Apps From Starting Automatically.
- Close All Applications & Menu Bar Apps.
- Change all game parameters from High to Low.