Imperial Esports has lost to paiN Gaming in the final of ESL Challenger Melbourne 2022 with a score of 1:2.
Imperial won on Nuke with a score of 16:7 but lost 17:19 on Overpass and 12:16 on Dust2.
As a result, paiN won $50,000 and a slot at the ESL Pro League Conference Season 17.
Both Brazilian teams qualified for the play-offs from Group B, with paiN finishing first and Imperial second.
ESL Challenger Melbourne 2022 matches were held from 2 to 4 September in Australia on LAN. The prize pool of the competition amounted to $100,000 and the slot mentioned above.
- 1st place: paiN Gaming — $50,000
- 2nd place: Imperial Esports — $20,000
- 3rd-4th places: Entropiq, Wings Up Gaming — $10,000 each
- 5th-6th places: OG, Grayhound Gaming — $3,000 each
- 7th-8th places: Evil Geniuses, VERTEX — $2,000 each