PGL has announced that the company will organize the next DPC season for Western Europe and North American regions - Divisions I and II.
The next DPC season will be split into three tours as follows:
DPC 2023 Winter Tour
- Open Qualifiers - December 11-18
- Closed Qualifiers - December 19-22
- League Division 1 - January 8 - 29
- League Division 2 - January 31 – February 21
- Major 1 - February 24 - March 5, 2023
DPC 2023 Spring Tour
- Open Qualifiers - March 13-18
- Closed Qualifiers - March 19-22
- League Div 1- March 12 – April 2
- League Division 2- April 4 – 25
- Major 2 - April 28 - May 7, 2023
DPC 2023 Summer Tour
- Open Qualifiers - May 15-20
- Closed Qualifiers – May 21-24
- League Division 1- May 14 – June 4
- League Division 2- June 6 - 27
- Major 3 - June 30 – July 9, 2023
The prize pool for each league will be 280,000 USD per tour.
Each league is divided into two divisions, with 8 teams in the Upper Division (UD) and 8 in the Lower Division (LD). At the end of each tour, the bottom 2 teams from UD will be relegated to LD and the best 2 teams from LD will be promoted to the UD. The bottom 2 teams from the Lower Division will be eliminated and 2 new teams will fill the slots through Open Qualifiers.
The leagues will have a 22-day duration each, for a total of 44 days per round. The format will be BO3 Round Robin among all the teams.
The teams that will participate in the DPC 2023 Winter Tour will be those that finished the Upper and Lower Divisions at the end of the recent DPC tour.
If an Upper Division team is not eligible for the new season, the best available team from the Lower Division will replace it. The remaining team slots will be filled through qualifiers.
According to the PGL statement, the Open Qualifiers registrations are now available.
There will be four Open Qualifiers for each region and they will be held on December 11-18. Open qualifiers will be held in the single elimination format, in each round 2 teams will qualify.